To provide competency in one dimensional hygrothermal modelling of building elements such as walls, roofs and floors using WUFI® Pro.
Participants will become able to set up and run a WUFI® 1D simulation of a building element. They will also become able to interpret and present the results of the simulation.
This course takes a more detailed look at analysis for condensation risk, mould growth risk, corrosion risk, timber rot and air transported water vapour using WUFI® Pro 1D simulation of a building element. By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Build models for specific purposes in WUFI Pro 1D
- Interpret the results and describe all WUFI Pro 1D input and output parameters and the sensitivity of these
- Modify detailed material properties
- Adapt material libraries
- Model ventilation sources in cavities
- Model moisture sources
- Model heat sources
- Model rainwater leaks into construction systems
- Model shading features on roofs
- Set up models specifically to analyse condensation risk, mould growth, corrosion, timber rot in sheathing materials and the effects of air transported water vapour
- Interpret and present detailed simulation results for specific purposes
- Prerequisites: WUFI® Basics (1D)
- Venue: pro clima Australia, Level 3, 15-21 Doody Street, Alexandria, Sydney NSW 2015
- Length: 1 day (9 am - 4.30 pm)
- Cost: $600 excl GST
- Catered: Lunch, morning and afternoon tea included
- Special Requirements: Please bring your laptop. A time limited (6 week) non-commercial licence for WUFI® Pro software will be available.