To provide competency in two dimensional hygrothermal modelling of building structures using WUFI® 2D.
Participants will become able to set up and run a WUFI® 2D simulation of a building structure such as a wall-floor connection. They will also be able to interpret and present the results of the simulation.
This course applies the fundamental hygrothermal theories and applying to construction details. WUFI® 2D simulation requires detailed geometry of joints and connections of a building structure such as a wall-floor connection. By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Install and set up WUFI® 2D software
- Describe the differences between 1D and 2D Calculations
- Generate model geometry – Example: localised thermal bridge
- Understand computational parameters
- Import a DXF File
- Input moisture and heat sources and sinks
- Vary source strengths
- Interpret and present 2D simulation results
- Prerequisites: WUFI® User (1D)
- Venue: pro clima Australia, Level 3, 15-21 Doody Street, Alexandria, Sydney NSW 2015
- Length: 1 day (9 am - 4.30 pm)
- Cost: $600 excl GST
- Catered: Lunch, morning and afternoon tea included
- Special Requirements: Please bring your laptop. A time limited (6 week) non-commercial licence for WUFI® 2D software will be available.